Work from where we are.
- Drive change and elect candidates at the local and state level.
- Develop resources, tools, and calls to action that can be used by people of differing backgrounds, financial circumstances, life commitments, and professions.
- Practice activism in the home, the workplace, places of worship, and in the community.
Make the most of what we have.
- Our personal and professional networks.
- Our knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Our stories.
- Our financial resources.
- Our existing relationships with like-minded organizations, campaigns, and movements.
- Bring individuals together in local coalitions to take effective political action in their community.
- Identify potential political candidates who demonstrate professional and personal integrity and who are committed to enacting our shared principles and values.
- Bring individuals and local coalitions together online to share knowledge, coordinate, and collaborate.
- Share promising examples of effective political action.
- Develop easy-to-use tools and techniques for political engagement and activism.
- Use personal and professional networks to raise awareness around key issues, potential consequences, and opportunities for action.
- Spread awareness of opportunities with outside groups and organizations that advance similar values.
- Engage community members to support coalition-sponsored candidates, campaigns, and movements.
- Work in the home, the workplace, places of worship and in the community to influence policies and practices that affect our shared values and priorities.
- Participate in campaigns sponsored by like-minded groups and organizations.
- Promote a responsive politics and government committed to the elimination of institutional and historical prejudice and inequity from law, policy, and practice.
- Nurture functional families and communities and empower caregivers.
- Make health care accessible and affordable for all, especially services for reproductive health, mental health, elder care, and end-of-life care.
- Restore the value of public education and the dignity of work.
- Reform the criminal justice system and foster safe neighborhoods and homes.
- Steward natural resources and the natural world with our children’s children in mind.
- Shift foreign affairs policy to prioritize world peace, protect refugees and asylees, and respect the sovereignty of foreign states and the self-determination of foreign peoples.