A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action, not reaction.” ~Rita Mae Brown
The American left may not be in a position of power in Washington DC or even in many statehouses around the country. But we don’t have to wait for the Republican Party to propose legislation for our own work to begin.
Here are 7 things you can do in the first quarter of 2017 to help advance our shared values.
- Find your people.
- Self assess. Take stock of where you are and what you have.
- Build the bench. Identify your 2017 commissioner or 2018 candidate.
- Prime the pump on key issues.
- Create a local report card to bring a national or global issue down to a human scale.
- Create a SMART plan for action to sustain your political engagement.
- Celebrate and support what someone else is doing.